The Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Community Development is inviting stakeholders and interested parties to attend a public hearing on the Medicines and Related Substances Amendment Bill [B6B -2014] (NCOP).
The purpose of the Bill is to amend the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, by:
- defining certain expressions and to delete or amend certain definitions;
- to provide for the objects and functions of the Authority;
- to provide for the composition, appointment of chairperson, vice chairperson and members, disqualification of Members, meetings and committees of the board of the Authority;
- to provide for the Minister to consult with the Pricing Committee when prescribing acceptable and prohibited acts in relation to bonusing;
- to replace the word “products” with the word “medicines” and expression “Scheduled substances” in order to correctly reflect the subject matter of the said act; and
- to effect certain technical corrections; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
The public hearing on the Medicines and Related Substances Amendment Bill [B6B-2014] (NCOP) will take place on Wednesday, 16 September 2015 at the Western Cape Provincial Parliament, Chamber, 6th floor, at 7 Wale Street, Cape Town.
Interested persons can contact Nomonde Jamce as to their interest to make an oral submission at the public hearing. She can be contacted by telephone at (021) 487 1658 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The closing date for comments is 10 December 2015.